Where do we go from here?
I’m sure you all have lots of questions about the positive covid test from our classroom.
First, I would like to assure you that my son who was sick is better and that was NOT the covid case.
Next, I absolutely respect all of your decisions about your students, whether you send them to school or keep them home! We are all navigating this together and I feel there is very little room to judge!
Next, Here’s what we are doing in class:
- Masks: I am wearing my mask most of the time and support any students who wear one.
- Sanitizing: I sanitize tables and chairs after school. During the day, I give the kids wipes to clean their tables before and after eating. I will also sanitize pencils and manipulatives that are shared.
- Hands: I have the kids wash their hands and/or sanitize before and after lunch and snack time.
- In the Air: I have a diffuser and often use DoTerra On Guard. I also have a room sanitizer spray that I spray at the end of the day (and I plan to use it throughout the day as well).
- Keep to Ourselves: I am trying my best not share supplies and keep students from touching each other…they are learning!!
I AM ALSO OPEN TO YOUR IDEAS!
Finally: I will set up the Google Classroom this weekend. Remember, you will need to go into your child’s email address (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org) and accept my invitation to join. If you do not remember the password, try student 123 If this does not work, text me and I will invite your child through your email.
I know some of you have been through this last year so please know my heart is with you! Try not to worry and we will handle this one day at a time…TOGETHER!!